These views are used in western astrology. See the
General Views page for views that are shared between
western and Vedic astrology.
Western Chart View
The western chart shows a circular graphical representation.
- 0 (zero): open a new western chart realated to the current horoscope
- Escape or Ctrl+W: close chart
- ↑ and ↓ (arrows): change the skin of the chart
- → and ← (arrows): change chart orientation (reference point to angles)
- Wheel: change skin
- Mouse over: highlight planet under the mouse and its aspects
Several style options can be changed with the context menu (Mouse button
2). These changes take only effect on the current chart. Permanent
changes can be made in the config dialog.
Display of Planets
Planets and signs are shown as symbols in western chart. Several of them
have multiple symbols (Uranus, Pluto, Capricorn). The desired display
type can be selected in the Planets and Signs dialog.
Aspects can be configured in two tabs of the configuration dialog
Aspect types to be displayed, their orbis and visual representation
can be configured in the Aspects
Behaviour on mouse over events (magnifying etc.) can be configured
in the Western Chart tab. Aspect display
can be switched off completely if desired.