The built-in atlas is a database for a huge amount of wordlwide location data.
This page describes the user interface of the Atlas Dialog.
The filter is ASCII case insensitive, i.e. uppercase and lowercase ASCII characters match. Special characters are
, e.g. German ü and Ü are distinct regarding filter matching.
Supported filter wildcards are
- "*" and "%" match arbitrary character sequences.
- "?" and "_" match a single character.
There is always an implicit "*" wildcard at the end of the filter string.
The database stores about 250 countries. So the country list in the Atlas Dialog has a selection of
The favourite country list can be configured in the
Configure Atlas dialog.
Location Name Types
Atlas entries have 3 different types of names that can be configured in the choice box on the top right of the dialog
- Name: the proper name of the location in Unicode (UTF-8) representation
- Ascii Name: name restricted to the 26 character ASCII set. Special characters are replaced by ASCII chars.
This option can be helpful for finding international locations that don't match your machine's
- Alias Name: locations can have a lot of alias names (more than 200)
Atlas entries can be edited
- Edit: attributes can be changed by the user
- New: the current entry will be copied and later be stored as new entry
- Delete: the current entry will be removed from the database
- The countries in the "Edit" and "New" dialog are always filtered according to the configuration
- Admin codes and time zone choice depend on the selected country